- 500g Zafarelli spirali
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- basil leaves to garnish
- 3 cups roughly chopped broccolini
- 2 cups basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 pancetta slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Heat a small frypan over medium heat, add the olive oil and breadcrumbs and cook, stirring
frequently, until golden and toasted. Place into a small bowl.
- Add the pancetta to the hot frypan, return to the heat and cook until crispy. Add to the breadcrumbs with the chilli, mix well and set aside.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to the boil. Prepare a water bath by placing two cups of ice cubes in 2L of water.
- Blanch the broccolini in the boiling water for one minute, then place in the water bath immediately to cool. Strain, setting aside 1 cup of broccolini for later.
- Blitz the garlic and almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Add broccolini and basil and blitz until finely chopped. Add parmesan and pulse to combine.
- Place pesto mix into a small bowl and stir through the olive oil.
- Into a pot of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over medium heat, add olive oil and reserved broccolini and cook for two minutes. Add pesto and gently heat through.
- Add cooked pasta and pasta water, season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with basil leaves and the chilli and pancetta crumb.