Zafarelli Denti Rigati 500g
2 eggplants, cubed
6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
400g can peeled or chopped tomatoes
½ a bunch of fresh basil
150g ricotta salata or parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 185˚C.
- Toss eggplant with oil, salt and pepper and place on baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until browned.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Next pour in tomatoes, 200ml of water and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for about 35 minutes.
- Mix through roasted eggplant to the sauce.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta as per packet directions, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix gently to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water if required.
- To serve, top with basil and grated ricotta salata.