Zafarelli Fettucine 500g
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
200g, pancetta, finely chopped
2 leeks, chopped finely
1 egg, plus another 3 yolks (4 eggs)
¼ cup of parmesan, grated
¼ cup of pecorino, grated
Salt and cracked pepper
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on low to medium heat. Add oil, butter & pancetta. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until pancetta starts to brown.
- Remove pancetta from pan and add leeks and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add pancetta back to the pan.
- Mix eggs, pecorino, parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Strain pasta, place into the pan and add a splash of pasta water & egg. Mix pasta immediately.
- Serve with a generous amount of cracked pepper over the top.