500g Zafarelli Elicoidali
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
300g fresh chorizo, skins removed
½ cup chopped sun-dried tomato
700ml tomato passata
sea salt & cracked black pepper
½ cup grated mozzarella
basil leaves to garnish
2 garlic cloves
2 cups basil leaves
¼ cup grated parmesan
⅓ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat a large frypan over medium to high heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Crumble chorizo into small pieces, add to the pan and cook until browned.
- Add sun-dried tomato and passata, season with salt & pepper and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients for the pesto into a small food processor and blitz until a paste forms.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook for two minutes less than suggested on the packet instructions.
- Drain pasta and add to the frypan and stir well to mix through.
- Transfer to a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the bake, add mozzarella and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow the bake to rest for 10 minutes before serving drizzled with pesto and garnished with basil leaves.