Zafarelli Rigatoni 500g
4 tbsp olive oil
1 sml white onion, diced finely
1 tsp fennel seeds
¼ cup basil, chopped finely
30g pancetta, diced small
250g minced pork
½ cup of white wine
1 jar of tomato passata
1 cup grated pecorino
250g grated mozzarella
Salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200 ºC
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, fennel, basil, pancetta on medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meat and cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the wine and cook until alcohol has evaporated.
- Stir in tomato passata. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a small amount of pasta water if needed to thin sauce.
- Cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Strain pasta and add to pan.
- Mix in both cheeses and pour into a baking dish.
- Top with pecorino and mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.