Zafarelli Elicoidali 500g
4tbsp olive oil
600g Chuck beef, diced 2cm cube
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 carrot, peeled and grated
½ cup flat leaf parsley & stalks, chopped finely
½ cup porcini mushrooms, soaked in boiling water & chopped finely
1 cup red wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 jar tomato passata
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium to high heat.
- Place porcini mushrooms into a bowl, pour enough hot water to cover and set aside.
- Season beef with salt n pepper, add to pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat and place into a bowl.
- Add onion, carrot, ½ amount of parsley and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the porcini from the liquid and reserve, add porcini mushrooms to the pan, fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Place the meat back into the pan. Pour wine into pan and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Then add chicken stock, tomato passata and porcini liquid.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 1 ½ hrs or until meat is tender and falling apart. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Combine cooked pasta with ragu sauce and serve with grated parmesan and remaining parsley.