Zafarelli Bucatini 500g
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
170g pancetta or guanciale, cut into small cubes
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tsp red chilli flakes
150ml white wine
400g ripe tomatoes, chopped into quarters
small bunch of parsley or basil
pecorino or parmesan, roughly chopped
salt and pepper
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta as per packet directions. Retaining ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and pancetta and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add onion and chilli, stirring continuously for a few minutes.
- Add white wine and let it evaporate to deglaze the pan.
- Pour in tomatoes, add splash of pasta water, and parsley or basil.
- Bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to the pot, add another splash of pasta water if needed and mix to combine.
- Serve with freshly grated pecorino, parsley or basil and a drizzle of olive oil.