500g Zafarelli Spirali
2 bunches asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt & cracked black pepper
250g marinated feta cubes
basil leaves to garnish
250g sun-dried tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
¼ cup blanched almonds
½ tsp sea salt
⅓ cup olive oil
½ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place cherry tomatoes onto an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until just beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, place sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, almonds and salt into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil with the motor running to create a paste.
- Add parmesan and pulse to combine.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook as per packet instructions, adding asparagus for the final minute of cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus in a colander, refresh under running cold water and place in a large bowl.
- Stir through the pesto, roasted tomatoes and feta (setting aside a few tomatoes & feta cubes to garnish).
- Serve salad in a bowl garnished with reserved tomatoes & feta and basil leaves.