- 1 pkt. Zafarelli Large Instant Lasagna
- 250g Mozzarella Cheese, grated or thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g diced bacon
- 300g beef mince
- 2 x 400g tins peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 600mL milk
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spread layer of meat sauce over base of lightly greased baking dish (325 x 225 x 50mm or 13” x 9” x 2”).
- Arrange one layer of lasagna over the top.
- Cover liberally with 1/3 meat sauce, then 1/3 béchamel and some mozzarella slices.
- Continue alternating layers of lasagna, meat sauce and béchamel to create 3 layers.
- Arrange mozzarella slices over last béchamel layer and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer
- Heat oil in medium saucepan and gently fry onion until golden.
- Add bacon and mince and cook, stirring until brown.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to the boil while stirring occasionally then add sugar, herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Continue stirring and gradually pour in milk.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until sauce has boiled and is smooth and thick.