- 1 pkt Zafarelli Fusilli Grandi
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 onions, roughly chopped
- 140g tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, crushed
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes, crushed
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Cook pasta as per packet directions, drain.
- Heat oil in to a large pan on low-medium heat.
- Stir in parsley and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook a further 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Add tomato paste, dried basil, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes on medium heat.
- Toss sauce through the pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.