- 1 pkt Zafarelli Conchiglie
- ½ cup Porcini Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 x 400g tins of crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Place porcini mushrooms into a bowl and pour enough hot water to cover. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and garlic on medium heat.
- Add mince and stir with a spoon to breakdown the mince. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until mince is cooked.
- Next add chickpeas and Swiss brown mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Take the liquid from the porcini mushrooms and add to the pan. Add tomatoes, stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 25 mins or until the sauce is a rich, thick consistency.
- Add parsley to the pan with the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- In the last 13 minutes of the sauce cooking, cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Strain pasta and add to the pan with the sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.