- 1 pkt Zafarelli Casarecce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150g bacon, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g parmesan, grated
- Fresh Nutmeg, grated
- Parsley, to serve
- Cook pasta as per packet directions.
- In a large frying pan heat olive oil and butter on medium to high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, bacon and peas and cook until mushrooms are soft and bacon is crispy, stirring the whole time. Cook for 5-10 mins and then turn down heat to low.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and cream and whisk together, season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to pan. Turn heat off.
- Pour in egg and cream mixture and stir through pasta. The heat from the pasta will cook the egg and also heat the cream. Stir well.
- Serve pasta topped with shaved parmesan, grated nutmeg and parsley.